Possible Benefits of Collagen Red Light Therapy
- Smoothes and reduces wrinkles
- Firms aged and tired skin
- More consistent skin colouration and complexion
- Increases moisture retention
- Increases circulation (Due to the increased formation of new capillaries)
- Promotes collagen production for plumper more youthful looking skin.
- Increases oxygenation, and restoration of skins natural cellular activity. Which keeps skin renewed and fresh.
- Reduces Inflammation in skin conditions such as Acne
Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
Red light is able to penetrate the skin to a depth of 8-10mm, encouraging the cells to naturally stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. The anti-ageing effect is produced by increased collagen adding volume to the skin and extra elastin firming and toning the skin.
Does red light therapy work equally well on all skin types?
Red light therapy is safe and effective for all skin types and colours. It is essential that your skin is clean of all make-up and cosmetics as this may reduce the effectiveness of the light transmission.
Are there any age limits?
Case studies and research shows that everyone, no matter your age or skin condition, can benefit from a structured course of red light rejuvenation therapy.
What causes ageing?
The productivity of our skin’s collagen proteins decline as we age, therefore the cells of our skin are unable to replenish themselves properly. As collagen declines, our skin thins and weakens; resulting in the appearance of wrinkles and our skin is more vulnerable to visible colour (age spots) and texture irregularity.
Will I get tanned?
NO. Collagen red lights do not produce UVA or UVB rays. There is No tanning effect.
Are there any situations where this treatment must not be used?
People with the following conditions should AVOID exposure to collagen red light devices:
- If you are photo-allergic or take medication or use cosmetics that may cause light sensitivity
- If you suffer from epilepsy
- If you take cortisone or steroid injections
- If you are pregnant please consult your Doctor
Should I wear goggles?
Goggles are recommended for comfort purposes due to the brightness of the tubes, though not essential as the light does not damage the eyes.
When will I see results?
Research has shown that many people report noticeable results, including improved skin tone, reduction in pore size and the diminished appearance of age spots within the first 30-60 days of scheduled use. Optimum results can be achieved by committing to a structured treatment plan based on the guidelines below: –
Minimum 3 sessions per week (20 minute sessions) , leaving a minimum 24 hours between sessions – as the changes to the skin continue for a period of time after each session.
As a guide :-
3-4 Weeks (9-12 sessions) A change in “skin tightness” and “tone”
4-6 Weeks (12-18 sessions) A noticeable change in “skin smoothness”
6-12 Weeks (18+ sessions) An “observable” reduction of “wrinkling”